Moroccan Lamb Burgers with Macadamia Dukkah – Serves 4
500g minced lamb
1x100g jar of Sandy Creek Macadamia dukkah
4 hamburger buns
1 small onion finely sliced
3 Tbsp macadamia oil
2 large lettuce leaves
1 medium tomato sliced
1 medium carrot grated
1 jar tomato relish or chutney
1 bottle egg mayonnaise
1. Preheat oven to 100°C.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl place the minced lamb and dukkah and combine well.
3. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into a round burger patties. Make an indention in the centre of each pattie with your thumb to help stop patties from shrinking during cooking.
4. Heat a 1 Tbsp macadamia oil in a large non stick frying pan on medium heat. When hot, place each of the burger patties in the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Turn patties and cook for a further 5 minutes. Cut with knife to check the burgers are cooked through and transfer in a single layer onto a plate. Place in oven to keep warm.
5. Return pan to heat and add 1/2 Tbsp oil. Add sliced onion and cook until soft and brown. Divide cooked onions evenly on top of the lamb burgers and return lamb burgers and onion to the oven.
6. Wipe the inside of the fry pan out with paper towels and return the heat. Add half the remaining oil. Cut each of the hamburger buns horizontally through the middle. Add two of the burger buns (two tops and two tops) cut side down on the frypan.
7. Toast until crispy and brown and turn to toast the other side until brown.
8. Transfer buns to plates. Repeat with the remaining oil and remaining burger buns.
9. Spread tomato relish on the bottom of each burger bun. Top with lettuce followed by tomato and grated carrot.
10. Place a burger pattie and onion on top.
11. Spread egg mayonnaise on the tops of the burger buns and place on top of the burger pattie and onion.