Makes 16 Anzac biscuits
115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
100g (3/4 cup) dry roasted macadamias, chopped
165g (1-1/2cups) rolled oats
165g (3/4cup) caster sugar
45g (1/2cup) shredded coconut
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 Tbsp water
1Tbsp golden syrup
125g butter, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line two large baking trays with non stick baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to the boil and add the bicarbonate soda and golden syrup,
- While the butter mixture is cooling, add the flour, chopped macadamia nuts, rolled oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Combine until well mixed.
- Add the cooled butter mixture to the dry ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Roll a heaped tablespoon of mixture into ball (about the size of a golf ball) and place onto the lined trays. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Repeat with remaining mixture leaving 4cm between each biscuit.
- Bake for 15–16 minutes or until golden biscuits, swapping the trays around halfway through cooking. Remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for 10–15 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely before serving.