Makes approximately 1 cup or 250ml
100g dry roasted macadamias
1 cup tightly packed basil leaves, washed and dried
120ml macadamia oil
35g parmesan cheese, shaved (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Start by measuring out all the ingredients.
2. Place basil, macadamia nuts, parmesan cheese, if using and salt into the food processor. Process on high until well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times with a spatula. The macadamias should be ground down and the mix be the consistency of a thick paste.
3. Reduce the speed of the food processor to low and keeping the food processor running, slowly pour in the macadamia oil into the mix until combined.
4. Continue to run the food processor until well combined, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides with a spatula a few times.
5. Store in an air tight container in the fridge until required. It will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. Use to make bruschetta, or combine with cooked chopped roast chicken to make macadamia chicken pesto sandwiches or wraps, and use with pasta and salad dishes.