Pastured Free Range Eggs
About Our Pastured Free Range Eggs
Laying hens were introduced on to our farm to produce pastured free range eggs along similar lines to Joel Salatin’s farming methods.
Sandy Creek hens forage on pasture by day, and roost in their mobile chicken trailer at night. The hens’ paddocks are surrounded by a dog proof fence and they are watched over by their maremma guardian dogs – Henry and Sandy.
At Sandy Creek the well-being of our hens is important, so our stocking density is 400 birds per hectare, or 25 square metres per hen. Having plenty of space ensures the hens are stress free and are naturally free to roam and forage in pastured paddocks and take dust baths. This means Sandy Creek hens lay eggs with bright yellow yolks and firm whites, reflecting their natural healthy living conditions.
Sandy Creek Free Range eggs can be purchased from:
- Farmer & Sun, Southside Shopping Centre, Gympie.
- Cooly Fruit, Gympie Central Shopping Centre, Excelsior Road, Gympie.
- Cooly Fruit, Goldfields Plaza, Corner Nash and Monkland Streets, Gympie.
- Pomona’s Little Pantry, Memorial Drive, Pomona.
- Maleny Supa IGA, 26 Maple Street, Maleny.