Sweet Potato and Feta Salad with Honey Roasted Macadamias
Sweet Potato and Feta Salad with Honey Roasted Macadamias – Serves 2
1 large (500g-600g ) sweet potato
1 Tbsp macadamia oil
100g mixed salad leaves such as spinach, rocket, fancy lettuce
1 Lebanese cucumber
100g Danish feta
100g honey roasted macadamias
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 tsp macadamia oil
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC (180oC fan forced).
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 1.5cm cubed pieces. Add 1 tablespoon of macadamia oil and toss to coat all the sweet potato pieces in the oil.
- Transfer to a small roasting tray and arrange in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through, testing a piece with a small knife. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and 3 teaspoons of macadamia oil together and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, add 100g mixed salad leaves such as spinach, rocket and fancy lettuce. Slice the Lebanese cucumber and quarter the slices. Add to the salad leaves.
- Cut the feta into 1cm cubes and add to the salad bowl.
- Add the cooled roasted sweet potato pieces.
- Stir the balsamic and macadamia oil dressing and drizzle over the salad. Lightly toss to combine.
- Scatter over the honey roasted macadamias and toss lightly
- Serve as a light meal on its own or as an accompaniment to grilled fish or grilled chicken.