Stir Fried King Prawns with Broccoli & Macadamias
[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.1″][et_pb_row column_structure=”2_5,3_5″ _builder_version=”4.1″][et_pb_column type=”2_5″ _builder_version=”4.1″][et_pb_image src=”https://sandycreekmacadamias.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Broccoli-King-Prawns.jpg” _builder_version=”4.1″ box_shadow_style=”preset1″][/et_pb_image][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.1″]
Stir Fried King Prawns with Broccoli & Macadamias – Serves 2
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”3_5″ _builder_version=”4.1″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.1″]
200g uncooked long grain rice
1Tbsp macadamia oil
2 tsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp cornflour or potato starch
1 1/2 cup water
16 King Prawns with tail on
1/2 tsp ginger
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 cup dry roasted macadamias
- In a small saucepan rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Fill the water up to the level of the first knuckle of your index finger, when the tip of the finger is placed upright just touching the rice. Dry the outside and bottom of the saucepan and place on the stove element on high, without the lid. When the rice comes to a rolling boil turn the element down to low.
- Wait for more of the water to be absorbed into the rice before placing the lid on the saucepan. Leave to steam.
- Meanwhile cut the broccoli into bite size florets
- In a small bowl or jug, add the soy sauce, cornflour/potato starch and water, and mix until well combined.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan or wok on high heat and add the macadamia oil. When the pan or wok is hot, add the king prawns and ginger. Stir fry until the prawns are just starting to turn pink but not cooked through.
- Add the broccoli florets and the oyster sauce to the prawns.
- Stir fry until the broccoli is just cooked.
- Stir the soy sauce and cornflour/potato starch mixture to recombine the ingredients. Add the mixture to the broccoli and continue to stir fry until the fluid is nearly all absorbed.
- Add the macadamias and mix until just combined. Remove from heat.
- Serve with the steamed white rice.