Macadamia & Banana Pancakes
[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row column_structure=”2_5,3_5″ _builder_version=”4.2.2″][et_pb_column type=”2_5″ _builder_version=”4.2.2″][et_pb_image src=”https://sandycreekmacadamias.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Macadamia-Pancakes.jpg” admin_label=”Macadamia pancakes image” _builder_version=”4.2.2″ box_shadow_style=”preset1″][/et_pb_image][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.2.2″]
Makes 10 macadamia and banana pancakes
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”3_5″ _builder_version=”4.2.2″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.2.2″]
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp castor sugar
1 Tbsp tightly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup macadamia butter
1/4 cup mashed banana (about 1/2 ripe large banana)
1 cup milk
1 large egg (59g)
Macadamia oil for cooking
1 1/2 large bananas, sliced to serve
Maple syrup to serve
Cream or ice cream to serve
1. In a small mixing bowl place the flour, castor sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and mix until combined. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place the macadamia butter, mashed banana, milk and egg. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir through until just combined. Do not over mix as this will make the pancakes rubbery and tough. The resultant batter mix will be lumpy and there may be some swirls of macadamia butter. Heat the oven to 100oC and have an oven proof dish ready.
4. Heat a large non stick fry pan or skillet over medium heat and coat with macadamia oil. Drop 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake onto the pan, and cook until small bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake batter (2–3 minutes).
5. Flip the pancakes and cook on the second side for about 1–2 minutes or until browned and cooked. Transfer cooked pancakes to an oven proof dish and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat until all the batter is used.
6. Divide pancakes on to plates, top with sliced bananas and serve with maple syrup and cream or ice cream.