Makes 16 Anzac biscuits
115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
100g (3/4 cup) dry roasted macadamias, chopped
165g (11/2cups) rolled oats
165g (3/4cup) caster sugar
45g (1/2cup) shredded coconut
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 Tbsp water
1Tbsp golden syrup
125g butter, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160oC. Line two large baking trays with non stick baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to the boil and add the bicarbonate soda and golden syrup,
- While the butter mixture is cooling, add the flour, chopped macadamia nuts, rolled oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Combine until well mixed.
- Add the cooled butter mixture to the dry ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Roll a heaped tablespoon of mixture into ball (about the size of a golf ball) and place onto the lined trays. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Repeat with remaining mixture leaving 4cm between each biscuit.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes or until golden biscuits, swapping the trays around halfway through cooking. Remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for 10-15 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely before serving.